Clair A. Carlson Jr.
T: (781) 239-0800, Ext. 212F: 781.239.0811 email@example.com Download a PDF Version Download V-Card
Mason & Martin’s Managing Partner, Clair Carlson, joined the firm in 1978. He directs the corporate and business client practice at M&M devoting the majority of his time to this practice area. Clair advises and assists clients with entity formation, shareholder agreements, employment and consulting agreements, business acquisitions and sales, contracts, corporate governance issues, financing transactions, employment and benefit issues, regulatory and legal compliance issues, resolving business disputes, and the myriad of issues faced by small and medium sized businesses.
Clair’s approach is to provide clients with practical advice to address and resolve business problems in a prompt and efficient manner. In addition, Clair manages the firm’s Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Administration practice. His experience includes advising clients and drafting estate plans involving Wills, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Life Insurance Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Revocable Investment Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies and Living Wills. Over the years, Clair and other members of the firm have served, and currently serve, as Executors or Personal Representatives of a number of estates in Massachusetts, and as Trustees of various trusts, or as counsel to those estates and trusts. Clair is often responsible for overseeing the investment, management, and distribution of estate and trust assets, preparing or supervising the preparation of estate and income tax returns, and many other matters related to the administration of such estates and trusts.
The remainder of Clair’s practice is devoted to residential and commercial real estate including representation of some of the area’s premier retailers, healthcare facilities, academic institutions, and condominium developments.
Clair resides in Canton with his wife Pam and has two grown daughters. In his free time, he enjoys skiing, snowboarding, water skiing, bike riding, and spending time with his wife, children, and grandchildren.
- AB. Degree, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1973
- Juris Doctor, University of Southern California School of Law, 1976
- Member Southern California Law Review
- Order of the Coif
Bar and Court Admissions:
- California, 1976
- Massachusetts, 1977
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals, First and Third Fifth Circuits
- Acquisition and subsequent sale and leaseback of the Burlington location of Circuit City Stores, Inc.
(now Best Buy -$8.5 million-plus)
- Acquisition of the Bournewood Hospital ($2.6 million-plus) and financing of a major addition ($5 million-plus)
- Initial construction and subsequent refinancing of the North End Community Nursing Home ($5.8 million-plus)
- Acquisition and development into residential housing of the Roslindale High School Building ($6 million-plus)
- Acquisition and conversion into condominiums of the Presidential Park Condominium ($9 million-plus)
- Refinancing of the construction and development loan financing for the Great Harbor Yacht Club in Nantucket, MA ($5.25 million-plus)
- Massachusetts Development Finance Agency Tax-Free Bonds for a Willow Hill School building project ($3.92 million), the subsequent refinancing ($5.2 million), and financing of a second building project ($3.4 million)
- Brookline Community Mental Health Center ($3.0 million)