Experienced. Effective. Engaged.
The talented team of attorneys at Mason & Martin, LLP specialize in residential real estate, commercial real estate, condominium development, leasing, and private mortgage lending. We represent buyers, sellers, lenders, investors, and developers nationwide in the acquisition, sale, development, financing, and leasing of residential and commercial real estate, including condominium conversions.
Residential Real Estate
Our firm effectively and efficiently assists buyers and sellers in completing the purchase and sale of residential homes. In addition, Mason & Martin, LLP is an approved closing attorney for some of the largest lending institutions and mortgage companies, locally and nationwide.
Commercial Real Estate
The attorneys at Mason & Martin, LLP represent investor clients in the acquisition, sale, and financing of commercial properties that range from multi-family residential buildings and commercial office and retail space to larger-scale properties.
- The acquisition and subsequent sale and leaseback of the Burlington location of Circuit City Stores, Inc. (now Best Buy – $8.5 million-plus)
- The acquisition of the Bournewood Hospital ($2.6 million-plus) and financing of a major addition ($5 million-plus)
- The initial construction and subsequent refinancing of the North End Community Nursing Home ($5.8 million-plus)
- The acquisition and development into residential housing of the Roslindale High School Building ($6 million-plus)
- The acquisition and conversion into condominiums of the Presidential Park Condominium ($9 million-plus)
- The refinancing of the construction and development loan financing for the Great Harbor Yacht Club in Nantucket, MA ($5.25 million-plus)
- The Massachusetts Development Finance Agency Tax-Free Bonds for the Willow Hill School building project ($3.92 million), the subsequent refinancing ($5.2 million), and a second building project ($3.4 million)
- The Brookline Community Mental Health Center financing ($3.0 million)
Mason & Martin, LLP has decades of experience representing builders, developers, and investors in the conversion of real estate into residential condominium units. We work closely with the client, the architect, and land surveyor to draft detailed condominium documents including the Master Deed, Declaration of Trust, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Budget. After the conversion is complete, we commonly represent the developer in the marketing and sale of each condominium unit.
The attorneys at Mason & Martin, LLP are skilled at providing efficient and effective lease preparation and negotiation services to landlords and tenants for both residential and commercial properties.
Private Mortgage Lending
Mason & Martin, LLP represents several private mortgage companies that make residential and commercial loans to builders, developers, investors, and homeowners secured primarily by real estate mortgages. We assist our clients with entity formation, licensing, compliance, loan origination documentation, and disclosures, title examinations, title policy issuance, loan closings, and collection proceedings.